Pee Wee football is a full contact competitive football program for kids aged 10-12 not turning 13 in the current year. Our program focuses on teaching players the fundamentals of football and fitness while at the same time introducing concepts of team work, discipline, respect, and sportsmanship.
The commitment level for football is high. It is the ultimate team sport and requires everyone engaged on a regular basis. This translates to a better team experience for the player, and a safer playing environment for everyone due to better training. Our policies regarding attendance are explained at our first parent meeting and also in depth with players. We use this experience to teach players to be accountable and responsible.
Here are some quick facts:
1) Our home field for practices is location on 44 St SE directly south of 114 AVE SE. A map is available here. Games are typically played at Shouldice Park on Sunday’s. Some scrimmages may be held at our field or other teams fields. The league schedule is released at a later date.
2) All equipment is provided except for football cleats or optional accessories.
3) The regular season will run from August to November and we will provide several non contact camps in June.
4) There are tryouts for Pee Wee players at the end of June. After tryouts the registration and certification process will begin.
4) Head Coach’s and Unit Coordinator Coach’s at all levels of Stampeder Minor football are level 1 NCCP certified. We welcome individuals who would like to get involved with coaching or volunteering with the program both on and off the field.